While it is true that “actions speak the loudest,” it is always helpful to have references, context or recommendations to fall back on. Many situations that occur in our professional or personal lives also have been experienced by others who often have words of wisdom from which we can learn. Anecdotes from others can be leveraged to support us through challenging circumstances whereby we may need to be brave and summon the courage to act. Here are some books, articles, videos and podcasts that may inspire and encourage your future actions as a fearless leader.
- Trust and Betrayal in the Workplace: Building Effective Relationships in Your Organization by Dennis Reina, Ph.D. and Michelle Reina, Ph.D.
- The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People by Gary Chapman and Paul White
- “Three Types of Workplace Courage” by Bill Treasurer
- “5 Ways to Demonstrate Integrity at Work Today” by Kara Goldin
- “The Power of Vulnerability” (TED Talk) with Brené Brown
- “10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation” with Celeste Headlee
- “Transforming Your Company’s Culture” with Tony Robbins, featuring Marissa Levins, CEO of Successful Culture
- The Flexible Movement series with Pauline Yau